Ableforth’s Big Christmas Shindig 2018
The Promoter is Ableforth’s. Just so you know, our legal name is Atom Supplies Limited. We are a company registered and incorporated in England and Wales with the company register number 03193057 and having its registered office at Unit 1 Ton Business Park, 2-8 Morley Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1RA, United Kingdom.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- The Ableforth’s Big Christmas Shindig 2018 competition (the Competition) is only open to private individuals who are 18 years old or older and residents in the United Kingdom (each being an Entrant). Entrants must have the right or permission to hold the Party (as defined in clause 8 and 15 below) at their residence or another private residence within mainland UK. Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded.
- The Competition is not open to any employees of Atom Supplies Limited or any of their associated companies (including Ableforth’s), their families or friends.
HOW TO ENTER
- The Competition Period shall commence at 16:00:00 pm on 8 November 2018 and end at 23:59:59 pm on 25 November 2018. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete and submit the competition entry form here (the Form) by the end of the Competition Period with all the required information, in particular describe to Ableforth’s in “which way(s) your Christmas at home is Uncompromising, Exceptional or Distinctive” (each a Qualifying Entry).
- By submitting a Qualifying Entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person is allowed in the Competition.
- No purchase is necessary, and no payment is required to participate in the Competition.
HOW TO WIN
- All Qualifying Entries will be reviewed and one Qualifying Entry from all Qualifying Entries with the “best example demonstrating how their Christmas at home is Uncompromising, Exceptional or Distinctive” will be selected as the Winner by Ableforth’s in Ableforth’s sole and absolute discretion. The selection made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
- The Winner will win a private Ableforth’s Christmas house party (the Party) consisting of the following (the Prize):
- the Party being hosted at the Winner’s private residential dwelling within mainland United Kingdom (the Property) for them and up to 12 guests of their choosing;
- third party vendors as sourced and engaged with by Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion to provide catering and drinks;
- a bar only offering select beverages from Ableforth’s and other associated Promoter’s brands (including but not limited to That Boutique-y Gin Company, The Handmade Cocktail Co. and That Boutique-y Whisky Company); and
- staff attendance at the Party for the purposes of managing the Party.
- Total value of the Party (including all set-up, staffing, food, drinks, etc) is £1,000 (one thousand pounds) (the Value). All choice of set up, staff, catering, drinks and other related elements of the Party shall be at the absolute discretion of Promoter. Promoter will not be responsible for stocks running out within the anticipated running time of the Party and Winner will need to make his or her own arrangements in such circumstances. Promoter any any associated or hired staff will not be required to stay at the Party after stocks run out.
- The Party will take place at the Winner’s home. Not all dates are available. The Winner may only elect to redeem the Party on one of the following dates: 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, or 15th December 2018. The Party shall commence at approximately 20:00:00 pm and must end by 23:59:59 pm on the chosen date. No alternative dates will be available. Any Winner unable to accommodate the Party on any of these dates will automatically forfeit the Prize.
- The Prize is provided by Ableforth’s and is only for as set out herein, for the specific dates and times, and is strictly non-transferable, not negotiable and cannot be exchanged for any alternative equivalent cash value or for other items.
- The Prize excludes any other related costs or expenses. The Winner and their guests will be responsible for all other additional costs incurred which are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prize, including but not limited to their travel and accommodation expenses, spending money, other personal items, and any food or drink not specified in these terms.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE
- The name of the Winner will be announced on Ableforth’s blog/Facebook page on [27 November 2018] (Announcement Date) and Ableforth’s will make reasonable efforts to contact the Winner on or around the Announcement Date via email using the details provided in the Form.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the Prize within 3 days of the Announcement Date, Ableforth’s reserves the right to offer the Prize to another eligible Entrant. Ableforth’s will not accept any responsibility if the Winner is unable to take up the Prize or fails to claim the Prize within the time limit set out above.
- In order for the Winner to claim the Prize:
- the Property must be located in mainland United Kingdom;
- the Property must comply with any applicable health and safety regulations as determined by Ableforth’s in its sole and absolute discretion;
- any access pathways to the Property and within the Property must be free of all obstruction and any dangerous material or substance;
- the Winner must provide the address of the Property to Ableforth’s and must allow Ableforth’s access to the Property at a mutually agreed date prior to the Party taking place for the purposes of carrying out health and safety risk assessment and for planning the Party;
- the Winner must allow Ableforth’s and/or any of its contractors access to the Property at least one hour prior to the commencement of the Party;
- the Winner warrants that: (i) the Party will be a permitted activity in all aspects at the Property; (ii) it will obtain and maintain all necessary permissions and consents as required to enable Ableforth’s to deliver the Party, including but not limited to obtaining the Property’s landlord’s permission where applicable; and (iii) the Property is in good condition, safe and suitable for delivering the Party;
- the Winner and each of their guests must ensure that the Promoter is notified in advance of the Party of any food or drink allergies they have; and
- the Winner and all guests must be 18 years of age or older. Ableforth’s may request that the Winner and its guests provide proof of legal drinking age prior to fulfilling the Prize and Ableforth’s reserves the right to deny service to any guests who are under 18 years of age or not in a fit state to consume alcohol.
Ableforth’s will not accept responsibility if any of the above criteria are not met and Ableforth’s reserves the right to offer the Prize to another eligible Entrant in such circumstances.
- Promoter will not be responsible for any security or safety of the Winner or any guests at the Party nor shall Promoter be liable for any injury, loss or damage to any person, property or any goods within the property, which shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Ableforth’s reserves the right to remove its staff and any contractors from the premises at its discretion at any time during the Party.
- In accepting the Prize, the Winner shall be required to agree that we can use his or her name and county, state or region of residence (as applicable) when announcing the Winner of the Competition and for other reasonable and related promotional purposes (nothing sinister, and we won’t sell the Winner’s or any other entrants’ details to anybody else – we promise). Ableforth’s may contact the Winner for feedback in respect of the Competition and/or Prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the Competition or subsequent competitions.
- Ableforth’s will send the name and county of the Winner to anyone who writes within one month after the end of the Competition Period requesting details of the Winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out herein.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Ableforth’s accepts no responsibility for any entries which are incorrectly submitted or not successfully completed for any reason, including but not limited to any technical fault, site failure, software failure, or any kind of technical interruptions, before the end of the Competition Period.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Entrants and the Winner agree and acknowledges that the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to any Entrants and Winner for any loss, damage, personal injury or death (whatsoever and howsoever caused), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with Entrants’ participation in the Competition or receipt, or use of the Prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition Entrants' statutory rights are not affected.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Winner and their guests shall indemnify the Promoter against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the Promoter arising out of or in connection with the Winner’s participation in the Competition or receipt, or use of the Prize.
ENTRY CONTENT, OWNERSHIP AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Let’s be sensible, people. By submitting content via Ableforth’s website, you agree to only submit comments that comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Any Entry which depicts, describes, encourages, endorses or normalises the excessive consumption of alcohol, the consumption of alcohol by those under the age of 25, anti-social behaviour (including any criminal activity) or irresponsible drinking (including rapid drinking), which links the consumption of alcohol with popularity or other social success, bravado, technical skill, good fortune, the operation of vehicles or other machinery or therapeutic benefits, or which depicts the consumption of alcohol whilst potentially dangerous activities are being undertaken will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify an Entry for this reason will be at the Ableforth’s absolute discretion.
- Entrants warrant and undertake that they own all rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in any image and/or text post embodied in their Qualifying Entry. As between each Entrant and Ableforth’s, Ableforth’s shall own all rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in any image and/or text post which is entered into the Competition and all Qualifying Entries. The Entrants agree to cooperate with the Promoter and sign any additional documents which may be required to give effect to this clause. Entrants waive all moral rights in the image, video or text to which they are or become entitled under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (or any similar right or entitlement anywhere in the world).
- The Winner and their guests may be filmed, recorded or photographed at or in connection with the Party, with resulting content being used by Promoter (or any third party authorised by the Promoter) and its affiliates for promotional and marketing purposes in any and all media and by any means. The Winner and all guests will be required to consent to filming and photography at the Party and use of the resulting content as above (including signing documents confirming their consent, if requested by the Promoter).
- Ableforth’s reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms or any attempt to circumvent or to frustrate them, Ableforth’s may, in our sole discretion, exclude any person from participating in the Competition.
- These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Copyright in these terms belongs exclusively to Atom Supplies Limited.
All rights (including moral rights) are asserted and reserved.